Associate Professor Robert V. Kozinets defines netnography as a form of ethnography that examines online cultures and life. He explains that it is a particularly good method to examine the relationship between online and real life activities, but it is so new that some academics feel it is not rigorous.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: What is netnography?
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Publication year: 2011
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Anthropology, Communication and Media Studies, Technology
- Methods: Netnography
- Duration: 00:11:09
- Keywords: consumer behavior, culture (anthropology), internet, internet and communities, legitimacy, online dating, practices, strategies, and tools, Social life, television shows, web sites
Academic: Robert V. KozinetsOnline ISBN:9781412995511Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications, Inc., 2011