Richard Rogers, PhD, professor, media studies, University of Amsterdam, and Lucia Bainotti, PhD, lecturer, discuss the case of deepfakes in visual media analysis for online discourses, including research questions; methodology; data collection; trend, similarity, and cross-platform analysis and results; and lessons learned.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods: Doing Research Online
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Visual Media Analysis for Online Discourses: The Case of Deepfakes
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Communication and Media Studies, Computer Science, Technology
- Methods: Discourse analysis, Data collection, Data mining, Artificial intelligence, Machine learning, Internet research
- Duration: 00:19:52
- Keywords: algorithms, artificial intelligence, cluster detection, data mining, deception, deception detection, digital image processing, discourse analysis, disinformation, entertainments, google, image enhancement, internet data collection, internet research, memes, pornography, research methodology, research questions, Similarity measures, Social media, trend line, trends, Twitter, visual analysis
Academic:Online ISBN:9781529608380Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022