Zachary Steinert-Threkeld, PhD, assistant professor, UCLA Luskin School of Public Affairs, discusses using Twitter data for online research, including strengths, weaknesses, downloadable data, streaming data, historical data, and conversations.
- Product: Sage Research Methods: Doing Research Online
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Using Twitter for Online Research: Part 1
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Series: Zachary Steinert-Threlkeld on Twitter
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Communication and Media Studies, Computer Science, Technology, Political Science and International Relations, Sociology
- Methods: Social media research, Data mining, Social media analytics, Computational social science, Big data, Big data analytics and tools, Machine learning
- Duration: 00:39:05
Keywords: conversation analysis, data mining, demographic analysis, geospatial data, global communications and technology, image processing, internet data collection, internet research, public domain, real-time communications, representation gap, Social media, Social network analysis, Social relations, Streaming media, text analysis, Twitter
Academic:Online ISBN: 9781529609554Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022