Yotam Shmargad, PhD, Assistant Professor in the School of Government and Public Policy at the University of Arizona, discusses his research using social network analysis to predict electoral and voting behavior, including his interest in the field and this particular research; the study design; collection, management, and analysis of the data; unexpected challenges; and recommendations for someone interested in this type of research.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Using Social Network Analysis to Predict Electoral & Voting Behavior
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Political Science and International Relations
- Methods: Social network analysis, Computational social science, Social media analytics, Data visualization
- Duration: 00:23:57
Keywords: causality, coding, connectivity, data analysis, data collection, data handling, data management, data mining, data processing, data visualisation, databases, error correction, Facebook, fixed effects, inequality, information science, information transfer, internet and social connectedness, political parties, political science, politics, programming and scripting languages, Reddit, regression analysis, research questions, Social behavior, Social media, Social network analysis, Social network analysis and issues, Social networking, time management, Twitter, voting
Academic: Yotam ShmargadOnline ISBN: 9781526493873Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2019