Mihaly Fazekas, PhD, Assistant Professor, School of Public Policy at the Central European University, discusses the use of big data to measure government contracts and corruption, including what prompted this study of corruption; the DIGIWHIST Project; data collection and challenges encountered; using mixed methods to measure corruption; data cleaning and analysis; new analysis and insights; research findings; and recommendations for similar research and sustainability.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Using Big Data to Measure Formidable Concepts: The Case of Government Contracts Data & Corruption Measurement
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Social Policy and Public Policy
- Methods: Secondary data analysis, Mixed methods, Big data, Data linkage
- Duration: 00:35:48
Keywords: administrative data, corruption, data analysis, data collection, data mining, data preparation, European Union, government contract fraud, government contracts, large-scale research, measurement, mixed methodology research, qualitative measures, quantitative measures, research funding, research questions, Social science research
Academic: Mihaly FazekasOnline ISBN: 9781526498076Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd