Sajedul Talukder, PhD candidate at the Florida International University, discusses his research of friend abuse on Facebook, including data collection, participant selection, app creation, algorithm development, data management, results of research, and advice for those interested in this type of research.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Studying Abuse Perception on Facebook Using Android App
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Sociology
- Methods: Social network analysis, Machine learning, Social media research, Computational social science
- Duration: 00:18:17
Keywords: abuse, algorithms, artificial intelligence, classification systems, crowdsourcing, cyber security, cyberbullying, data analysis, data collection, data management, data privacy, data processing, data storage, Facebook, internet data collection, methodology, modeling (research), models and modeling, open source software, participation (research), Social media, Social network analysis, Social network analysis and issues, Social networks, Twitter
Academic: Sajedul TalukderOnline ISBN: 9781526492869Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2019