Dr. Sarah Shugars, PhD, faculty fellow, Center for Data Science, New York University, discusses computational social science, including examples of the role of data justice, intellectual humility, scientific skepticism, and algorithmic approaches.
- Product: Sage Research Methods: Doing Research Online
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Starting With Computational Social Science
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Social Policy and Public Policy, Political Science and International Relations, Science, Computer Science
- Methods: Computational social science, Machine learning
- Duration: 00:22:49
Keywords: algorithms, artificial intelligence, bias in scientific studies, complexity, data analysis, data collection, data management, data manipulation, data mining, data privacy, ethics in human subjects research, informed consent, internet research, matrices, Skepticism, Social science research, Supervised classification, unsupervised classification
Academic:Online ISBN: 9781529605501Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022