Dr. Sally Wiggins discusses five types of discourse analysis: conversation analysis, discursive psychology, critical discursive psychology, Foucauldian discourse analysis, and critical discourse analysis. To illuminate the differences among them, she explains how each type would look at a family meal time.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: An Introduction to Discourse Analysis
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Anthropology
- Methods: Discourse analysis, Conversation analysis, Critical discourse analysis, Foucauldian discourse analysis, Discursive psychology
- Duration: 00:16:15
Keywords: accountability (psychology), agency (sociology), attitudes and beliefs, context effects, conversation, culture and communication, emotion, family meal, identity, knowledge and power, marginalization, Michel Foucault, nonverbal communication, oppression, power (sociology), psychological effects, roles, Social action, Social inequality, Social issues, Social life, Social problems, technology, text and textuality, time factors, understanding (cognition), vocabulary
Academic: Sally WigginsOnline ISBN: 9781473964709Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017