Rachel Blum, PhD, Professor of Political Science at Miami University of Ohio, discusses her research of Tea Party groups using network and text analysis, including current research interests, the goal of the current research, methods used to collect and analyze data, challenges faced and overcome, advice to students wanting to do this type of research, key findings of the research, and future research on the topic.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Researching Tea Party Groups Using Network Analysis and Text Analysis
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Political Science and International Relations
- Methods: Social network analysis, Network analysis, Textual analysis, Text mining
- Duration: 00:12:49
Keywords: coding, computer science, data mining, database versioning, geospatial data, interviews, natural language processing, political ideologies, political parties, political science, programming and scripting languages, Republican Party, research design, right wing politics, Social media, Social network analysis, Statistical methods and models, Survey approach, text analysis
Academic: Rachel BlumOnline ISBN: 9781526497147Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2019