Fanita Tyrell, PhD, assistant professor, University of Maryland, College Park, discusses ethical representation in biosocial research, including research questions, research design, participant recruitment, ethical considerations, data collection and analysis, challenges faced, and lessons learned.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Qualitative and Mixed Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Ethical Representation in Biosocial Research
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2023
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Sociology, Education, Medicine, Science, Public Health, Psychology, Health, Social Policy and Public Policy, Social Work, Communication and Media Studies, Counseling and Psychotherapy, History, Business and Management
- Methods: Qualitative measures, Research ethics, Participatory research, Qualitative interviewing, Community-based research
- Duration: 00:25:04
Keywords: coding schemes, collaborative research, community-based research ethics, informed consent, multidisciplinary teams, participation (research), participatory research, qualitative data analysis, qualitative data collection, qualitative interview, qualitative research methods, recruitment, representation gap, research design, research ethics, Social media, underrepresentation
Academic: Fanita TyrellOnline ISBN: 9781529626162Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2023