Mike Thelwall, PhD, Professor of Data Science at the University of Wolverhampton, discusses his research developing software to download and analyze YouTube data, including why use YouTube data; methods developed; how data was collected; what questions can be answered with YouTube data; unexpected challenges with the project; whether the software analyzes text, how it detects gender, and other types of data it can analyze; and advice for those looking to do similar research.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Developing Software to Download & Analyze Youtube Data
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business and Management
- Methods: Sentiment analysis, Data mining
- Duration: 00:18:10
Academic: Mike ThelwallOnline ISBN: 9781526496294Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2019