Mike Thelwall, PhD, Professor of Data Science at the University of Wolverhampton, discusses his research developing software to download and analyze YouTube data, including why use YouTube data; methods developed; how data was collected; what questions can be answered with YouTube data; unexpected challenges with the project; whether the software analyzes text, how it detects gender, and other types of data it can analyze; and advice for those looking to do similar research.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Developing Software to Download & Analyze Youtube Data
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business and Management, Communication and Media Studies, Technology, Computer Science
- Methods: Sentiment analysis, Data mining
- Duration: 00:18:10
- Keywords: data mining, databases, gender, internet data collection, open source software, research methods, research questions, Social media, Social network analysis, Social network analysis and issues, Social science research, text analysis, time series, trends, Twitter, video research, YouTube
Academic: Mike ThelwallOnline ISBN:9781526496294Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2019