Dr. Nicola Smith examines considerations around the use of interviews and focus groups in school and nursery settings. Additionally, Smith explores difficulties facing practitioners transitioning into a research role.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Practical Research and Academic Skills
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Researching Nurseries & Parental Involvement Using Focus Groups & Interviews
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2018
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Education, Psychology, Sociology
- Methods: Research with children, Qualitative interviewing, Semi-structured interviews, Focus groups
- Duration: 00:12:46
- Keywords: academic discourse, academic English, data storage, developing relationships, educational research related topics, power distribution in relationships, role of the researcher, School-parent relationships, teachers as researchers
Academic: Nicola SmithOnline ISBN:9781526442383Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2018