Dr. Wendy Hein, Senior Lecturer at Birkbeck University of London, discusses using ethnography and emergent technologies to research gendered consumption practices.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Market Research
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Researching Gendered Consumption Practices Using Ethnography & Emergent Technologies
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2020
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business and Management, Marketing
- Methods: Ethnography, Innovative methods, Qualitative data collection, Marketing research
- Duration: 00:36:25
- Keywords: authenticity, consumption patterns, digital communication, digital technology, dissemination of information, ethical considerations, field notes, films (media), gender equality, gender studies, mobile telephones, multimedia materials, netnography, network communities, observational methods, photographs, recording, reflexivity, Social media, Social participation, technologies, transcription, videos
Academic: Wendy HeinOnline ISBN:9781529723878Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2020