Dr. Bethany Morgan Brett, PhD, Lecturer in Psychosocial and Psychoanalytic Studies at the University of Essex, discusses research ethics for qualitative interviews, including the principles: do no harm, informed consent (forms, written, and verbal), and confidentiality and anonymity.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Research Ethics and Integrity
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Research Ethics for Qualitative Interviewing
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Psychology
- Methods: Research ethics, Qualitative interviewing, Beneficence, Non-maleficence, Ethical principles, Informed consent, Consent, Assent, Gillick competence, Vulnerable groups, Anonymity
- Duration: 00:13:39
Keywords: anonymity, beneficence, confidentiality, consent forms, data collection, data mining, data protection, ethical considerations, harm reduction, informed consent, informed consent by minors, participatory research, qualitative interview, research ethics, verbal communication, vulnerable populations, written communication
Academic: Bethany Morgan BrettOnline ISBN: 9781529792034Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022