Dr. Marsha Henry discusses ethnography and broader feminist qualitative research. She defines ethnography as embedded and embodied research, then explores the implications of that definition. She also touches on the differences between qualitative and quantitative approaches, and how feminism is challenging long-held assumptions about research.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Qualitative Research and Ethnography
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Publication year: 2015
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Anthropology, Economics, Geography, Political Science and International Relations, Sociology, Technology
- Methods: Ethnography, Feminist research, Qualitative data collection
- Duration: 00:11:13
- Keywords: challenges, issues, and controversies, conflict, criticism and critics, domestic violence, embeddedness, embodiment, feminism/gender, Global South, homelessness, peacekeeping, power and power relations, proximity/space, Sexism, Symbolism, technologies
Academic: Marsha HenryOnline ISBN:9781473930117Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2015