Dr. Paul Gill explores the importance of originality in thesis research. Gill summarizes current views of originality and offers advice on how to achieve it.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Practical Research and Academic Skills
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Originality in Doctoral Research: What Is It and How Can It Be Demonstrated?
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd
- Publication year: 2018
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Anthropology, Business and Management, Criminology and Criminal Justice, Communication and Media Studies, Counseling and Psychotherapy, Economics, Education, Geography, Health, History, Marketing, Nursing, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Social Policy and Public Policy, Social Work, Sociology, Science, Technology, Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, Medicine
- Methods: Planning research, Doing research
- Duration: 00:11:12
- Keywords: argument (research), doctoral degrees, doctorates, feedback seeking, knowledge bases, knowledge creation, literature searches, novelty, thesis
Academic: Paul GillOnline ISBN:9781526442413Copyright: © SAGE Publications Ltd, 2018