Panos Mavros describes how his research measures the perception of urban spaces. He uses electroencephalography and GPS tracking to determine how pedestrians react to different places, as well as how their memory of a place relates to their in-the-moment experience.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Mixed Methods: Exploring the Role of Emotions in Urban Behavior
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Psychology
- Methods: Mixed methods
- Duration: 00:16:18
- Keywords: accessibility (for disabled), attention and memory, behavior (psychology), communications, comparison, electroencephalogram, emotion, environment awareness, gps tracking, maps and map-making, memory, pedestrians, place (geography), practices, strategies, and tools, Safety, Software, Space perception, transportation, uncertainty, urban areas, urban environment, urban planning, validation strategies, visualization
Academic: Panos MavrosOnline ISBN:9781473969506Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017