Stephen Shannon, Lecturer and Course Director at Ulster University in Northern Ireland, discusses mindfulness as a mental health intervention for athletes including: the differences between mental health and well being; methodology for and results of the research; and lessons learned.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Medicine and Health
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Mental Health Intervention in Athletes: A Non-Randomized Control Trial
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2021
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Medicine, Public Health
- Methods: Non-randomized studies, Recruiting participants, Focus groups, Community-based research, Systematic review, Statistical tests
- Duration: 00:21:07
- Keywords: athletes, clinical trials, control groups, hypothesis (research), ill health, literature reviews, mental health, mindfulness, mindfulness meditation, models of mental health, participation (research), randomization, recruitment, research design, research methods, Self-determination theory, Social media, Sport, Stressors, well-being
Academic: Stephen ShannonOnline ISBN:9781529773798Copyright: 2021 SAGE Publications, Ltd.