Alison Abraham, Associate Professor of Epidemiology and Biostatistics at the University of Colorado, discusses measurement error including accuracy versus repetition, the importance of validation studies, and impacts for research.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Medicine and Health
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Measurement Error: The Elephant in the Room?
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2021
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Medicine, Public Health
- Methods: Epidemiology, Data quality and data management, Measurement, Measurement error, Validity, Validation studies, Data synthesis, Survey research
- Duration: 00:15:17
- Keywords: accuracy, bias, data quality, epidemiologic measurements, epidemiologic studies, error analysis, measurement error, measurement validity and invalidity, precision, random error, replication (evaluation), Sample size, validation studies as topic, validity and reliability, validity of measurement
Academic: Alison AbrahamOnline ISBN:9781529778649Copyright: 2021 SAGE Publications, Ltd.