GJ Melendez-Torres, Professor of Clinical and Social Epidemiology at the University of Exeter, uses multiple sclerosis to illustrate cost effectiveness in health technology assessment, including benefits beyond outcomes, modeling cost effectiveness, and partitioned survival modes.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Medicine and Health
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Introduction to Health Technology Assessment: Cost Effectiveness
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2021
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Medicine, Public Health
- Methods: Cost analysis, Health data, Ethical codes, Ethical approval, Populations, Population variance, Population parameters
- Duration: 00:20:06
- Keywords: cancer, cost analysis, cost benefit analysis, cost effectiveness, decision analysis, discount rate, drug costs, economic evaluation, markov models, medical technology, multiple sclerosis, quality-adjusted life years, Survival analysis
Academic: GJ Melendez-TorresOnline ISBN:9781529773866Copyright: 2021 SAGE Publications, Ltd.