Miles Witham, Professor of Trials for Older People at the University of Newcastle, discusses designing and delivering clinical trials for older people, including challenges, ethical considerations, and tools or resources.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Medicine and Health
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Introduction to Clinical Trials for Older People
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2021
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Medicine
- Methods: Clinical trials, Randomized controlled trials, Evidence-based practice, Intervention studies, Representative samples, Measurement, Population variance
- Duration: 00:13:27
Keywords: clinical research, clinical trials, comorbidity, data collection, death, decision making, dementia, dropout rate, ethical considerations, evidence-based medicine, geriatric assessment, informed consent, measurement in health services research, older adulthood and old age, older people, outcomes research, participant characteristics, participation (research), quality of life, recruitment, research design, research ethics, vulnerable populations
Academic: Miles WithamOnline ISBN: 9781529743685Copyright: 2021 SAGE Publications, Ltd.