GJ Melendez-Torres, Professor of Clinical and Social Epidemiology at the University of Exeter, discusses resource allocation and decision problems in assessment of health technology, including gathering, analyzing, and combining clinical evidence into an economic model.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Medicine and Health
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Introduction to Health Technology Assessment: Resource Allocation and Decision Problems
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2021
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Medicine, Public Health
- Methods: Health data, Cost analysis, Decision trees, Data collection, Data synthesis, Populations, Population variance, Ethical codes, Ethical approval
- Duration: 00:21:24
- Keywords: accountability (medicine), clinical effectiveness, cost effectiveness, decision making, distributive justice, economic efficiency, economic models, egalitarianism, medical device, medical technology, meta-analysis, multidisciplinary review, multiple sclerosis, patient outcome, prioritising, procedural justice, resource allocation, Systematic reviews
Academic: GJ Melendez-TorresOnline ISBN:9781529773842Copyright: 2021 SAGE Publications, Ltd.