Carol Rivas, Senior Lecturer at the University College London, discusses involving participants from ethnic minorities in health research, including the importance of, terminology to use, barriers to recruitment, challenges in data analysis, and dissemination of research.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Medicine and Health
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: How to Involve Participants From Ethnic Minorities in Health Research
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2021
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Medicine, Public Health
- Methods: Participatory research, Populations, Population parameters, Research design, Research ethics, Data analysis skills, Data collection skills, Data synthesis, Community-based research
- Duration: 00:15:34
- Keywords: clinical research, communication skills, cultural identities, data analysis, determinants of health model, discrimination, dissemination of research, ethnic minorities, ethnicity, genome-wide association study, health care access, heterogeneous-homogeneous grouping, intersectionality of race, class, gender, and ethnicity, listening skills, marginalization, medical research, participation (research), population composition, racism and discrimination, recruitment, Sensitivity, Social construction of race, Social inequality, terminology as topic, trust and attitudes, underrepresentation, well-being
Academic: Carol RivasOnline ISBN:9781529778113Copyright: 2021 SAGE Publications, Ltd.