Carol Rivas, Senior Lecturer at University College London, discusses including people with disabilities in health research, including theoretical models of disability, recruiting participants, and dissemination of study results.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Medicine and Health
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: How to Include People With Disabilities in Health Research
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2021
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Medicine
- Methods: Research design, Research synthesis, Research bias, Research impact, Populations, Population parameters, Community-based research, Data collection, Data quality and data management, Data analysis skills, Data collection skills, Data ethics, Outcome measures
- Duration: 00:20:45
Keywords: attitudes and beliefs, bias in scientific studies, biopsychosocial model, confidentiality, disability discrimination, dissemination of research, empowerment, ethnographic methods, feedback, inclusion, informed consent, intersectionality, medical model, medical research, mental disorders, participation (research), people with disabilities communities, physical disabilities, proxy, recruitment, Sensitivity
Academic: Carol RivasOnline ISBN: 9781529778120Copyright: 2021 SAGE Publications, Ltd.