Professor Stephen Gorard explains that researchers should start projects by defining what they want to learn, then choosing research methods to best match the question. He says that too few academics have good research design skills, and he discusses the relationship between research and theory.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: How do I choose between different research methods?
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Publication year: 2011
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Anthropology, Business and Management, Criminology and Criminal Justice, Communication and Media Studies, Counseling and Psychotherapy, Economics, Education, Geography, Health, History, Marketing, Nursing, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Social Policy and Public Policy, Social Work, Sociology, Science
- Methods: Research questions, Research design, Philosophy of research
- Duration: 00:13:14
- Keywords: cost benefit analysis, critical thinking, expertise, generalization, innovation, pragmatism, rational choice, Skills development
Academic: Stephen GorardOnline ISBN:9781412995559Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2008