Wolfgang Minatti, PhD researcher, European University Institute, discusses a case study of fieldwork and vulnerability in conflict zones, including research design, data collection and analysis, recruitment and ethical considerations, and recommendations for further research.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Qualitative and Mixed Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Fieldwork and Vulnerability in Political Science
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2023
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Sociology, Business and Management, Social Policy and Public Policy, Political Science and International Relations, Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Methods: Qualitative measures, Policy research, Fieldwork, Focus groups, Qualitative interviewing, Snowball sampling
- Duration: 00:36:44
Keywords: case study research, civil war, ethical considerations, fieldwork, focus groups, insurgency, legitimacy (politics), participant observation, qualitative data collection, qualitative interview, qualitative research methods, rebellions and revolutions, recruitment, research design, research findings, research questions, researcher reflexivity, Safety, Snowball sampling
Academic: Wolfgang MinattiOnline ISBN: 9781529670042Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2023