Dr. Jamie Lewis gives a definition and brief history of ethnography. He goes on to explain the challenges and tricks to conducting ethnography in the laboratory workplace.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Ethnography in a Laboratory Setting
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Publication year: 2016
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Health, Social Policy and Public Policy, Sociology
- Methods: Ethnography, Fieldwork
- Duration: 00:12:07
- Keywords: 20th century history, accessibility, auditors, Chicago school of sociology, commitment and persistence, ethical impact of genetic research, everyday life, everyday life at work, hierarchy, Huntington disease, laboratories, language usage, Pacific islands, Parkinson's disease, place (geography), practices, strategies, and tools, public understanding of science, rapport, regulations, Scientists, Shadowing, Social and cultural factors, Social impact, Stem cell research, technologies, time factors, urban communities
Academic: Jamie LewisOnline ISBN:9781473963221Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2016