Dr. Anthony Quinn, PhD, post-doctoral social researcher, discusses ethics and good practice when working with administrative data for research, including requesting permission, gaining ethical approval, and shares a practical example.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Research Ethics and Integrity
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Ethics and Good Practice: Working With Administrative Data for Research
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology and Criminal Justice, Science, Technology, Sociology, Medicine, Psychology, Social Work
- Methods: Research ethics, Data management, Data science, Access, Administrative data, Data governance, Consent, Anonymity
- Duration: 00:13:43
- Keywords: administrative data, anonymity, case study research, data collection, data collection systems, data management, data privacy, data protection, data security, data storage, ethical approval, ethnographic research, informed consent, integrity, personal data, research ethics, research ethics committees, research practice and methodology, research questions
Academic:Online ISBN:9781529602753Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022