Vasileios Karagiannopoulos, PhD, Reader and Director of Cybercrime Awareness Clinic, University of Portsmouth, uses case study research with older adults to illustrate ethical challenges in qualitative research, including research design, ethical approval challenges, data collection and analysis, lessons learned, and shares recommendations for future research.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Research Ethics and Integrity
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Doing Qualitative Research With Older Adults: Ethical Challenges
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Sociology
- Methods: Research ethics, Participatory research, Gatekeepers, Recruiting participants, Inclusion criteria, Consent, Internet research, Safeguarding, Human subjects research ethics, Confidentiality, Data collection, Community-based research, Interpretivism, Coding, Focus groups
- Duration: 00:17:31
Keywords: ageism, anonymity, autonomy, bias in scientific studies, case study research, coding schemes, community-based research ethics, confidentiality, cybercrime, ethical approval, ethics in human subjects research, focus groups, gatekeepers, informed consent, integrity, internet crime, internet fraud, internet research, interpretivism, older adulthood, participatory research, pattern recognition, public engagement approaches, qualitative data collection, qualitative research methods, reciprocity, recruitment, research design, research ethics, research questions, Semi-structured interviews, Sensitive topics, thematic analysis, victimization, vulnerable populations
Academic: Vasileios KaragiannopoulosOnline ISBN: 9781529793826Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022