Ken Benoit, PhD, Professor at the London School of Economics in the Department of Methodology, discusses his research on whether crowdsourced, untrained, anonymous coders could replace highly-trained experts in analyzing text. The accuracy of the approach, challenges, advantages, parameters considered, and the future of big data in analyzing text are all considered.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Developing a Method to Code Text Using Crowdsourcing
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2019
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Political Science and International Relations
- Methods: Natural language processing, Coding, Collaborative research, Computational social science
- Duration: 00:11:45
- Keywords: coding, crowdsourcing, research questions, Statistical methods and models, text analysis
Academic: Ken BenoitOnline ISBN:9781526491879Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2019