Dr. David Heymann discusses epidemiological research and his career as an investigator with the CDC and the WHO. He reflects on his work with MERS, the Ebola virus, and polio. He says some of the biggest challenges to disease eradication come from a lack of understanding, so strong evidence and clear communication are essential.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: David Heymann Discusses Epidemiology
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Health, Medicine
- Methods: Epidemiology
- Duration: 01:00:34
- Keywords: Angola, Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, communications, disease, disease control, disease eradication, disease prevention, ebola virus, education, emerging diseases, emerging infections, endemic diseases, herd immunity, HIV/AIDS, hospitals, immunity, immunization/vaccination, infection, infection control, infectious disease, influenza, information exchange, Legionnaires' disease, low birth weight, malaria, Malawi, medicine, needle sharing, Nigeria, paralysis, polio, political opposition, postcolonialism, practice management, problem solving, public health, quality assurance in health services, rabies, risk factors, Skills development, Smallpox, South Korea, Symptoms of disease, technology, vaccines, vaccines, infectious diseases, and immunity in children, virology, viruses, World Health Organization
International Severe Acute Respiratory and Emerging Infection Consortium (ISARIC), 2011-
Centers for Disease Control (CDC), 1946-
Academic: David HeymannOnline ISBN:9781473969452Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017