Vasileios Karagiannopoulos, PhD, Reader and Director of Cybercrime Awareness Clinic, University of Portsmouth, discusses common pitfalls of criminology research ethics committee applications, including challenges in recruitment and in doing research in the workplace.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video: Research Ethics and Integrity
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Criminology Research Ethics Committee Applications: Common Pitfalls
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Methods: Research ethics, Research ethics committees, Recruiting participants, Ethical approval, Gatekeepers, Data ethics, Confidentiality, Anonymity, Coercion
- Duration: 00:14:19
Keywords: anonymity, authorization, bias in scientific studies, coercion, collaboration, confidentiality, conflicts of interest, criminology, data collection, data privacy, data protection, ethical approval, gatekeepers, informed consent, integrity, interdisciplinary studies, participation (research), positionality, power and power relations, recruitment, research design, research ethics, research ethics committees, research methodology, risk management, Sensitive topics, vulnerability, risks, and hazards, vulnerable populations, workplace culture
Academic: Vasileios KaragiannopoulosOnline ISBN: 9781529793833Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022