Archivist Laura Mitchison describes oral history interviewing and conducts an interview for the Centerprise history project. She discusses using open-ended questions and semi-structured interviews, as well as issues of subjectivity, influence, and memory.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video
- Type of Content: In Practice
- Title: Conducting Oral History Interviews: On the Record
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: History
- Methods: Oral history interviews, Semi-structured interviews
- Duration: 00:18:57
- Keywords: communications, confidence-building measures, consent forms, context effects, emotion and communication, imagination, influence and position, language usage, memory, preparedness, processes and routines of journalism, rapport, Silence, silences, and silencing, Standpoint, voice and visibility
Interviewee: Richard Gray
Practitioner: Laura MitchisonOnline ISBN:9781473964563Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017