Professor Theresa Thorkildsen discusses a case study on conducting focus groups with adolescent students. She outlines the practices she used during the study, highlighting her attempts to create a welcoming environment where adolescents would willingly engage in discussion.
- Product: Sage Research Methods Video
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Conducting Focus Groups with Adolescents
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology and Criminal Justice
- Methods: Focus groups, Active interviews, Participant observation
- Duration: 00:16:53
Keywords: adolescent children, agency and empowerment, anxiety, classroom climate, disabilities and the politics of schooling, disability, disabled in communities, dissent, high school, inclusion, learning disabilities, mentoring, mentoring (juvenile), Stereotypes, transnational, transnational people, volunteers
Academic: Theresa ThorkildsenOnline ISBN: 9781473991941Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017