Dr. Jane Palmer explains how and why to conduct a campus climate survey about sexual assault. She describes what we already know about gender-based violence on campus, the benefits and drawbacks of campus-specific research, and the best practices for creating/adapting a survey to measure this data.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Conducting a Campus Climate Survey on Gender-Based Violence
- Publisher: SAGE Publications Ltd.
- Publication year: 2017
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Criminology and Criminal Justice, Psychology, Social Work, Computer Science
- Methods: Survey research, Online surveys, Sampling, Sensitive topics
- Duration: 00:23:24
- Keywords: age and victimization, campus crime, Clery Act, climate, college administration, colleges, cyberstalking, dating violence, gender-based violence, language and communication, logistics, memory, perception (psychology), policy formation, rape and sexual assault, referrals to community services, reporting crimes and victimization, Sexual assault, Sexual assault victims, Sexual victimization, Stalking, Stigma, Student attitudes, trauma and victimization, unintended consequences, universities, victimization
Academic: Jane PalmerOnline ISBN:9781473970458Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2017