Lingfei Wu, PhD, Assistant Professor, School of Computing and Information at the University of Pittsburgh, discusses big data and data visualization in the study of the science of science, including intellectual aging in academic life, quantifying the intellectual aging pattern, visualizing the the tension between individual aging and scientific advance, and visualization as a powerful way of scientific reasoning.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Data Science, Big Data Analytics, and Digital Methods
- Type of Content: Case Study
- Title: Big Data and Data Visualization in the Study of the Science of Science
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Anthropology, Education, Health, History, Psychology, Science, Technology, Computer Science, Mathematics, Medicine, Public Health
- Methods: Data science, Big data, Data visualization, Machine learning, Python, Innovative methods, Research culture
- Duration: 00:18:51
- Keywords: academic achievement, aging, data analysis, data mining, data processing, data visualisation, innovation, nostalgia, time series
Academic: Lingfei WuOnline ISBN:9781529602272Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022