Dr. Emma Tumilty, PhD, Lecturer at the School of Medicine, Deakin University, discusses interviews and focus groups in qualitative research, including common methods she uses and why, lessons learned, and shares advice.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods
- Type of Content: Interview
- Title: Ask a Researcher: Emma Tumilty on Interviews and Focus Groups
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Business and Management, Counseling and Psychotherapy, Health, Psychology, Social Policy and Public Policy, Social Work, Sociology, Public Health
- Methods: Qualitative interviewing, Focus groups
- Duration: 00:13:12
- Keywords: bioethics, communication skills, emotion and communication, focus groups, grounded theory research, listening skills, mentoring relationships, mixed methods research, qualitative data collection, qualitative interview, qualitative research methods, rapport, Silence, silences, and silencing, thematic analysis
Academic: Emma TumiltyOnline ISBN:9781529601251Copyright: (c) SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022