Dr. Simon Nuttgens, PhD, Associate Professor at Athabasca University, shares tips and an insider's perspective on applying for research ethics approval, including ensuring consent is informed, developing consent forms, writing an application, convenience versus ethics, and seeking support.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Research Ethics and Integrity
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: Applying for Research Ethics Approval: An Insider's Perspective
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Anthropology, Communication and Media Studies, Education, Geography, Health, Marketing, Political Science and International Relations, Psychology, Social Policy and Public Policy, Social Work, Sociology, Science, Medicine, Public Health
- Methods: Research ethics, Ethical approval, Ethical principles, Research ethics committees, Informed consent, Consent, Planning research, Participatory research
- Duration: 00:15:48
- Keywords: consent forms, convenience, ethical review, ethics in human subjects research, funding bids, informed consent, jargon, mentoring, participatory research, patient care, research design, research ethics, research findings, research funding, vulnerable populations, writing skills
Academic: Simon NuttgensOnline ISBN:9781529793031Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022