Dr. Nadia von Benzon, PhD, Lecturer at Lancaster University, discusses ethical challenges of research with children, including participant recruitment, consent, finding a neutral location, and developing effective methods.
- Product: SAGE Research Methods Video: Research Ethics and Integrity
- Type of Content: Tutorial
- Title: An Introduction to the Ethics of Research With Children
- Publisher: SAGE Publications, Ltd.
- Publication year: 2022
- Online pub date:
- Discipline: Anthropology, Education, Geography, Social Work, Sociology
- Methods: Research ethics, Research with children, Human subjects research ethics, Recruiting participants, Research design, Gatekeepers, Informed consent, Data security, Confidentiality, Methodology
- Duration: 00:17:38
- Keywords: children and research methods, collaboration, communication skills, communication styles, consent forms, data privacy, data security, ethics in human subjects research, gatekeepers, information sharing, informed consent, informed consent by minors, innovation, locational advantages, locational flexibility, nonverbal cues and communication, parental consent, parents and guardians, participatory research, qualitative research methods, rapport, recruitment, research design, research ethics, research questions, research skills
Academic: Nadia von BenzonOnline ISBN:9781529792317Copyright: ©SAGE Publications Ltd., 2022