The SAGE Handbook of Social Media Research Methods offers a step-by-step guide to overcoming the challenges inherent in research projects that deal with 'big and broad data', from the formulation of research questions through to the interpretation of findings. The handbook includes chapters on specific social media platforms such as Twitter, Sina Weibo and Instagram, as well as a series of critical chapters. The holistic approach is organised into the following sections: Conceptualising & Designing Social Media Research Collection & Storage Qualitative Approaches to Social Media Data Quantitative Approaches to Social Media Data Diverse Approaches to Social Media Data Analytical Tools Social Media Platforms This handbook is the single most comprehensive resource for any scholar or graduate student embarking on a social media project.
- Part I | CONCEPTUALISING & DESIGNING SOCIAL MEDIA RESEARCH
- Part II | COLLECTION & STORAGE
- Part III | QUALITATIVE APPROACHES TO SOCIAL MEDIA DATA
- Part IV | QUANTITATIVE APPROACHES TO SOCIAL MEDIA DATA
- Part V | DIVERSE APPROACHES TO SOCIAL MEDIA DATA
- Part VI | RESEARCH AND ANALYTICAL TOOLS
- Part VII | SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORMS