This exciting new text consolidates the how's and why's of researching powerful people.
Written by a leading authority in the field, this book introduces the reader to a significant area of methodology, and provides a research-based contribution to elite and leadership studies. It offers a truly international perspective that will appeal to those studying and working with elites in a variety of contexts.
Useful features include: A variety of case studies and examples linked to over 1000 sources and resources; Extensive use of figures throughout the text to illustrate key points; Templates and models for planning and presentations
The book promotes a practical future-oriented approach to support and inspire academic, professional and civil society researchers at all levels. It introduces new research frameworks and facilitates critical techniques through Critical Process Analysis.
This is a must-have resource and an excellent new addition to the field of elite and leadership studies.
- Appendices: Tools and Templates for Research Planning
- Appendix 1: Mapping a Case Study within a Conceptual Framework
- Appendix 2: Linking the Elements of a Research Study
- Appendix 3: A Basic Research Design
- Appendix 4: A Basic Gantt Chart
- Appendix 5: Achieving Focus at, or Across, Specific Levels
- Appendix 6: Systematic Links from Topic to Data Collection
- Appendix 7: Making Distinctions Between Elite and Leadership Roles
- Appendix 8: Explaining the Focus of a Study
- Appendix 9: Standard Research Frameworks
- Appendix 10: Relating Basic Questions to Frameworks and Information Sources
- Appendix 11: Comparing Journalistic and Academic Approaches to Access
- Appendix 12: Instruments to Implement Power
- Appendix 13: The Structure of a Press Release
- Internet Sources