Designing and writing a qualitative dissertation methodology chapter can be done! Qualitative Dissertation Methodology: A Guide for Research Design and Methods functions as a dissertation advisor to help students construct and write a qualitative methodological framework for their research. Drawing from the challenges author Nathan Durdella has experienced while supervising students, the book breaks down producing the dissertation chapter into smaller pieces and goes through each portion of the methodology process step by step. With a warm and supportive tone, he walks students through the process from the very start, from choosing chairs and developing qualitative support networks to outlining the qualitative chapter and delving into the writing. By the end of the book, students will have completed the most challenging chapter of a qualitative dissertation and laid a strong foundation for the rest of their dissertation work.
Understanding a Dissertation as Qualitative Methodology: A Section-by-Section Approach
- Discuss historical and contemporary contexts of dissertation research in graduate education
- Evaluate current contributions that shape dissertation methodology in graduate education
- Describe the focus, assumptions, and guiding principles of qualitative dissertation methodology
- Connect methodology work with doctoral program structures and student experiences and identify opportunities to develop research skills in program and professional contexts
- Apply a qualitative dissertation methodology chapter framework within the context of your dissertation study