Outlining how to select the most appropriate tool for analyzing data, Analysing Qualitative Data also provides the reader with an awareness of the various challenges that are unique to interpreting the conceptual and subjective data generated in qualitative research.
- Transcription 10
- Doing the transcription 15
- Printing the transcript 19
- Internet data 20
- Metadata 21
- Preparing for archives 22
After reading this chapter, you should
- know that most analysts work with textual data, usually neatly transcribed and typed;
- see that the task of transcription is time-consuming and must be done carefully and with pre-planning as it involves a change of medium and ...