An Intermediate Guide to SPSS Programming: Using Syntax for Data Management introduces the major tasks of data management and presents solutions using SPSS syntax. This book fills an important gap in the education of many students and researchers, whose coursework has left them unprepared for the data management issues which confront them when they begin to do independent research. It also serves as an introduction to SPSS programming; all the basic features of SPSS syntax are illustrated, as are many intermediate and advanced topics such as using vectors and loops, reading complex data files, and using the SPSS macro language.
- Part I: An Introduction to SPSS
- Part II: An Introduction to Computer Programming With SPSS
- Part III: Reading and Writing Data Files in SPSS
- Part IV: File Manipulation and Management in SPSS
- Part V: Variables and Variable Manipulations
- Part VI: Other Topics