Write a Case Study of Research Methods in Medicine & Health
Have you completed a research project in medicine, nursing, or public health? Are you interested in helping the next generation of researchers by writing about your research methodology?
SAGE Research Methods Cases explore the methodology of real research projects in medicine and health.
What is SAGE Research Methods?
SAGE Research Methods is an award-winning online platform used for teaching and learning about research methodologies at 575 institutions worldwide.
Following its success in the social sciences, SAGE Research Methods is expanding into the field of medicine, beginning with SAGE Research Methods Cases.
Cases are peer-reviewed pieces in which researchers discuss the methodology of their research and the practicalities of having conducted a particular study. Cases are
- Short accounts of employing research methods in the context of real studies
- Pedagogically focused to help students understand the practicalities of conducting research
- Introductory in tone: explanatory and free of jargon
- Engaging, using concrete examples to make methods relevant and useful to emerging researchers
The new collection will include examples of clinical research from across all medical specialties, as well as dentistry, nursing, and public health.
It will explore an extensive range of medical research, including clinical trials and studies, biostatistics, epidemiology, systematic review and meta-analysis.
Academic Advisory Board
Patricia M. Davidson, Johns Hopkins School of Nursing · USA
E. Vincent S. Faustino, Yale School of Medicine · USA
Sarah E Lamb, University of Oxford · UK
Wendy Lou, University of Toronto · Canada
Arduino A. Mangoni, Flinders University · Australia
Steven Piantadosi, Brigham & Women's Hospital, Harvard University · USA
Christopher Schmid, Brown School of Public Health · USA
Armando Teixeira-Pinto, The University of Sydney School of Medicine · Australia
Resources for Authors
Benefits for published case study authors include
- One year of free access to a SAGE journal of your choice, from a selection of ten titles including The Neuroscientist, Palliative Medicine and Statistical Methods in Medical Research
- One year of free access to the entire SAGE Research Methods Cases collection
- The opportunity to draw attention to your research and to contribute to methodological pedagogy in your field
How to Get Involved
- Register your interest by completing the below form with details of your proposed case study
- A member of our editorial team will follow up to confirm a submission date
- Alternatively, you may contact us directly by emailing Christine.Schorfheide@sagepub.co.uk or Martin.Perchard@sagepub.co.uk