This stage will:
- Help you decide what to study
- Explain how to choose a good research project
- Provide an overview of the research practicalities you should consider
Before you start your research, you need to define your topic and develop a research question or hypothesis. You already know your general area of interest, which is probably linked to your discipline of study. Next, you have to specify a particular area of interest which is appropriate for research and which you will enjoy working on. Before choosing a topic, it might be useful to read some of the basics about why we do research, if you haven’t already.
Read more about why we do research
Looks like you do not have access to this content.
- How Can I Decide What to Study?
- How Do I Identify a Good Research Topic?
- What Practical Things Should I Think About Before I Start My Research?
- Checklist: Questions to Ask Yourself When Deciding on a Topic
Login or create a profile so that you can save clips, playlists, and searches.