- Getting Started with SAGE Research Methods
- Increase Discoverability of SAGE Research Methods
- Title Lists
- SAGE Research Methods User Guide
- SAGE Research Methods LibGuide
- Link Resolvers
- COUNTER Reporting
- Proxy Servers
- OpenAthens And Shibboleth
- Institutional Logo
- Secure Center
- Download a banner ad for your library site
- Embed a Search Widget for SAGE Research Methods
- SAGE Research Methods Brochure
- SAGE Research Methods Posters
Getting Started with SAGE Research Methods
We've gathered a selection of helpful resources for librarians and library account managers of SAGE Research Methods subscribing institutions. Can't find what you're looking for? Get in touch!
Increase Discoverability of SAGE Research Methods
To help your patrons make the most of the rich content in SAGE Research Methods, be sure to add it to your library catalog and website. Download the MARC records for the the titles and list SAGE Research Methods in your A-to-Z database list as well as in your database subject listings under the appropriate disciplines.
SAGE Research Methods Discoverability Checklist that outlines suggested steps and additional information for improving discovery of the content in order to ensure users can easily locate the material hosted on SAGE Research Methods.
Download the full MARC records for:
- SAGE Research Methods Entire Platform
- SAGE Research Methods Books & Reference
- SAGE Research Methods Datasets
- SAGE Research Methods Cases Part 1
- SAGE Research Methods Cases Part 2
- SAGE Research Methods Video
Download the full title lists for:
- 2018 SAGE Research Methods Books & Reference - Excel
- 2018 SAGE Research Methods Datasets - Excel
- 2018 SAGE Research Methods Cases Part 1 - Excel
- 2018 SAGE Research Methods Cases Part 2 - Excel
- 2018 SAGE Research Methods Video - Excel
- 2018 SAGE Research Methods Video: Practical Research & Academic Skills Video - Excel
- 2018 SAGE Research Methods Podcasts - Excel
The flyers above include a box for customization. Simply add your library's info, print, and distribute to direct patrons to SAGE Research Methods!
SAGE Research Methods LibGuide
Check out the SAGE Research Methods LibGuide, and please feel free to incorporate it into your own LibGuide Collections!
Link Resolvers work with SAGE Research Methods. If you you are a customer, go to Secure Center to add and amend your details. If you experience any difficulty doing this, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
SAGE Research Methods offers the following COUNTER Reports, which are all compliant with SUSHI harvesting:
- Database Report 1 – by product in SAGE Research Methods
- Database Report 2 – by product in SAGE Research Methods
- Platform Report 1 – all SAGE Research Methods products
- Multimedia Report 1 – for the SAGE Research Methods Video product as well as the videos in SAGE Research Methods
Please note: following the migration of SAGE Research Methods to our new platform there has been a change in the way that COUNTER usage is recorded and reported.
On the old platform all usage of the original SAGE Research Methods product, whether of books, reference works or video, was captured as part of the Database 1 report. This report shows Total Searches, Result Clicks and Record Views by Month.
With the migration of the platform, and the launch of SAGE Research Methods Video, this has changed. The SAGE Research Methods Video product is reported using Multimedia Report 1, per COUNTER guidelines.
Usage of the around 50 videos in the original SAGE Research Methods product is now also recorded via Multimedia Report 1.
In other words, usage for the original SAGE Research Method product is now split between Database Report 1 and Multimedia Report 1. For a complete picture of the usage of the original SAGE Research Methods product please combine both reports together.
In Multimedia Report 1 usage of the videos on the original product will be labelled as “SAGE Research Methods” and usage of the videos in the new SAGE Research Methods Video collection will be labelled as “SAGE Research Methods Video”.
The stanza for proxy servers is:
T SAGE Research Methods
Find url = "http://
Replace url = "http://^A
If you experience any difficulty with this stanza, please contact us and we'll be happy to help.
OpenAthens and Shibboleth
SAGE Research Methods will support federated access through EduGain. Any member institutions of federations within EduGain (to check this please see this list) will be able to authenticate users through Shibboleth or OpenAthens.
You can add your institutional logo to SAGE Research Methods so that it appears at the top left of the site. To do this visit Secure Center and add your logo
Secure Center is the name of the administrative system we use for SAGE Research Methods. If you have an existing account in Secure Center already (i.e. for SAGE Knowledge, SAGE Video, or CQ Press products) you can use the credentials that are associated with your existing Secure Center account to access options for SAGE Research Methods.
If you are a new customer you will need to set up a new username and password. Please contact Online Support or contact your SAGE representative.
SAGE Publishing is committed to providing the best possible experience to all users. To that end, we regularly assess and enhance our platforms and content, including SAGE Research Methods, to incorporate accessible features. We assess our sites using WCAG AA and Section 508 guidelines, and will be creating an updated VPAT for SAGE Research Methods upon completion in mid-2016.
Download a banner ad for your library site
Place a banner ad for SAGE Research Methods on your library website to link patrons directly to the resource. Simply right-click the image below and save to your computer.
(199 x 65)
(250 x 110)
Embed a Search Widget for SAGE Research Methods
SAGE Research Methods Brochure
Download our SAGE Research Methods Brochure.
Download Customizable SAGE Research Methods Posters
Download these poster PDFs and add your own logo and website info in the editable box, then print them out to hang up and direct users to SAGE Research Methods:
- Answer all your research questions poster
- Improve your research skills poster
- Do you need help with your research poster
Please note when adding your library’s logo to these posters, the logo file must be in .pdf format.
Do you use looping Powerpoint presentations to advertise your resources? Use these slides to promote SAGE Research Methods!
Want to put a shelf tag in the methods section to alert users that you have more resources online? Look no further!