The Educational Testing Service (ETS) is a nonprofit educational measurement organization based in Princeton, New Jersey. Founded in 1947, ETS develops, administers, and scores more than 60 million tests in more than 190 countries each year. ETS’s portfolio, consisting of tests it owns as well as some it develops under contract, serves purposes such as:
- admissions (e.g., the GRE General Test, the College Board’s SAT, ETS’s Test of English as a Foreign Language programs for English learners),
- course equivalency (e.g., the College Board’s Advanced Placement program, ETS’s high school equivalency test),
- [Page 575]licensure or certification (e.g., ETS’s Praxis teacher certification exams),
- school accountability (e.g., state K–12 assessment programs), and
- public policy (e.g., National Assessment of Educational Progress, Programme for International Student Assessment).
This entry describes ETS’s history, its research and development ...
Looks like you do not have access to this content.